Thursday 11 September 2008

Sweet Memories!

Sometimes its easy to look forward and think about have far away you are from the person you want to be... that you forget have far God has taken you. So i have decided to sit and write down some favorite memories of my time at Southeastern and especially my time with Campus Outreach.

  • My first bible study with Shelley and Jill – I had so so many questions – I had heard the Gospel so many times but for the first time I began to realize that the Gospel was for ME not just for the person next to me.
  • Winter Getaway- a small mini bus for both UL and SLU – I sat at the back between shelley and Jill and said “ you have something I don't have” at that point I did not realize that what was missing was a relationship with the Lord.
  • Sitting at my first Beach project trying to write my testimony and 'knowing' that I did not have a relationship with the lord. That night I did not sleep at all. Later I found out that Jill had prayed that I would not be able to sleep until I was right with the lord.
  • Asking God to be Lord of my life at the Spyglass through tears! Jill and I had gone to Lunch and I couldn't eat a thing. I remember almost running to Jill's room so that I could pray!!!
  • Sharing the Gospel for the first time at the Beach in Panama City Beach. It still amazes me how the Gospel becomes more and more real to me each time I share it with others!
  • Jill and I meeting for D group at my House. Sweet times in God's word!
  • Going to Lee Hall (Uni Dorms) to meet girls! I was Terrified!


Ok... So I have loads more memories but If I don't go to bed now I Will fall asleep on my laptop!! Yes I am getting too old for late nights....
ok so just one more memory-

  • Blowing out my tyres on my truck at Casey and Jill's house – Thanks for Changing the tyres Casey!!

Good night!

3 comments:

The Herbstlers said...

I've got a great memory of you...our heart to heart that helped shape the new perspective that God was giving me as I healed...you were/are a blessing even in the little things. Remember that! Love you!

--Shelley said...

i had seen this. i am not that far behind. those are fun and special memories. keep remembering them.

Jill Williamson said...

oh. Jo how I love you and am so grateful for and your friendship and waht God has done in your life. such good memories. I laughed at the tires.