Sunday 13 July 2008

My Heart it Beats (too Fast)

So ... Where do I start??
God has truly taken me to a place of rest of trust in him. How you may ask?
As I said in a previous post last Monday I spent the morning in the Emergency room with a very fast and irregular Heartbeat. After some test they let me go home to follow up the test with my doctor. this is where I thought it would end!
On Wednesday afternoon i had an appt. with my doctor who did an EKG and agreed that something was not right. I had to return to the doctors office Thursday morning to have a bigger and better EKG and then meet with my doctor later that afternoon.
This is where my plans went out the window...
At 11.25 Thursday morning i went for yet another EKG. It showed that my heart was beating 150 BEATS A MINUTE!!! My doctor immediately decided to admit me to hospital. I was taken straight to the Coronary Care Unit ( where most heart attack patients go!) and was hooked up to a heart monitor. Doctors continued to be concerned about my heart rate and decided to keep me in...
Thursday night was awful... of course unless you are deathly sick there is no such thing as your own room in a NHS hospital... therefore i shared a room with 5 elderly ladies most of whom had no idea where they where let alone what day it was!
Needless to say sleep was rare!! I was awake for most of the night with palpitations (at 1:30am my RESTING heart rate 120!) and just general not being to sleep. I read the paper and a magazine and at about 3am I opened my cupboard door to get out my gown and found an answered prayer!
There looking at me was a Gideon new testament and psalms, as I looked at it, I heard God say I want to talk to you! I opened the pages and spent sweet sweet time with my daddy!
I spent time in Ps 42, 51, 103. This is what the early hours of that morning looked like:

Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. ps 51

Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God. Ps 42

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. Ps 103

I thanked God for the Gideons!

Friday was spent with more tests (and an outbreak of vomiting and diarrhea in the ward,.. including me). So after 4 EKGs, 2 Heart echos, an Angiagram and numerous (Loads!!!!) of blood tests they allowed me to go home Friday night.
They have put me on meds to lower my heart rate and will keep a check on me in the next few weeks.

Usually this is where i ask God why??? However, this one is a no brainer. God needed to speak with his daughter and he knows how to get my attention!

God has so reminded my of his love and his goodness. I have spent so much time telling my self that if God was good he would have: given me a husband, children etc. However, it has taken the Loss of a families 4 Year old daughter and their trust in God, to remind me that God is just good. That he does hold he future and whatever that looks like God is still God.

Ok well i'm sure you've had enough reading now... Thanks for Journeying with me.. Please continue to pray that My health would improve and that I would continue to grow in intimacy with the Lord....

1 comment:

--Shelley said...

i am so encouraged by God's commitment to his child. you never knew that when you heard all those stories at IBC about the Gideons that you too would have a story one day.