Sunday 26 April 2009

Created to reflect Gods Glory..

If I God never gives me a husband and family is he still good? This Question is one that has run through my head daily for the past months. What if God’s ‘goodness’ towards me is that I remain single? Am I ok with that?

So many well meaning friends have said that the moment they told God that ‘If He wanted them to be single then that was ok’ was when he provided their Husband. At the moment I can’t ever imagine telling God that I am ok with being single, because i am not.

So then i started to think why would God not give me a husband? Why would he not fulfil this desire of my Heart? I came up with two answers...
1) God wil lnot/is not giving not me a husband because i don’t deserve one... because I have messed up to much... because I am not attractive enough.... because he does not love me.
OR
2) God will not/is not giving me a husband because he loves me and knows what is best for me... and his timing in everything is perfect.
So which one of these answers is true. My head and emotions tell me the first.. but scripture tells me the later.

I have always struggled with the idea that God LOVES ME.. not just the world but ME. So I began to think about what God created me for.. Isaiah 43 says ‘every one that is called by my name, and whom I have created for my glory, whom I have formed, yea, whom I have made.’ I am created for His glory, therefore ,why would He not seek to glorify himself in my life by giving me ‘good things’.

So all that may not make any sense to you but to me the light bulb has gone off. God gives me what is good for me as it glorifies himself to do so!!!!

God Glorify yourself in me! Husband or no husband glorify yourself!

2 comments:

--Shelley said...

i am so glad to hear a change in your "voice" and see from afar what the Lord is doing in your heart. i pray you would obey quickly when you hear what He wants you to do.

Jill Williamson said...

love you jo! cant wait to see you in july