Sunday 18 March 2007

God is good

Why are we surprise when God answers our prayers? I am been struggling here lately without any good christian friends. You know the old saying we don't know what we got til its gone. Its so true. I miss my Hammond buddies!Anyway I have been praying that God would allow me to have a good christian friend here and he has provided. Steph attends the my church here. She is a few years older than me and is married with 5 children, but we connected! She loves the Lord. We went out for lunch the other day and talked about what God was teaching us and what we could pray for each other it was great.
The God part of it came today when in church she gave me a book. She said that apart from Gods word it has been once of her most life changing books. I laughed out loud when I realized that it was a book i had seen before and wanted to read. She had no idea. The Book is 'the power of a praying woman' by Stormie o martin. I love it and I'm only halfway through the first chapter. Read it! Also I'm reading my utmost for his highest for part of my quiet time. Another great book!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

hey you. I'm glad to see that you have found someone you can connect with!!! I love you so much. During the past few months I have come to realize how important you have been in my spiritual journey in life. :)

i'll add you on AIM. my screenname is Laurenlenee

--Shelley said...

so good to hear jo jo!